Thursday, May 31, 2007

Once - highly recommended



I really didn't start this blog to give my opinions about movies. Really, what's it matter what I think the larger sense? But since many of my pals do look to me for recommendations - I tend to see more, and often sooner, that's why I go on about it. With mixed feelings. Hate the idea of adding more clutter to the blogsphere but when there's good work out there, you can't help but champion. Like for Once - what a lovely movie! Simple, sweet, romantic, wonderful music, very satisfying. A perfect antitode to summer big movie extravaganza bloat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep the reviews coming! I depend on them. Just saw Away From Me. Very well done & touching. This week going to Once. Thanks for the thoughtful comments that encourage me to find the films (very grateful for the Jacob Burns) and get to them.
Jackie

grainyms said...

Jackie - glad to hear! The Jacob Burns cinema really does an amazing job of programming - so it's great you get down there. I often wish I could get to the special speakers myself. It's a great program! Austin is odd, we often get movies way later than the key cities but you're always welcome to ask me what I've heard. Enjoy! -- Janet