Saturday, April 19, 2008

Jazzy Dance Co zip zap routine at GoDance Apr 12

Before sxsw came calling, I was spending a fair amount of my time thinking about this:



I'd gone from quietly taking classes with Azucena and Carlos to spending more and more time with them strategizing on how to help them reach a larger audience. Which they deserve because they're amazing! Amazing dancers, amazing competitors, amazing teachers. They're unbelievably competent in so many areas covering a wide range of skills, and they're lovely people to boot. It's been thoroughly inspiring to become part of their creative background team. I hated missing the company's grand debut performance at the On Your Feet benefit in Austin on Thursday night. I hear it rocked the house! The video above is from the warm up performance at the GoDance Studio salsa social on April 12.

No comments: