Friday, August 08, 2008

The incredible Olympics opening ceremony and Wendy




The other day John asked, "Are you going to watch any of the Olympics? Do you have any interest at all?" At the time I said, "No." But that was before I found out that my beloved pilates trainer Wendy LeBlanc-Arbuckle was taking part as a member of 400 meter gold medalist Sanya Richard's team. !!!! That's my weekly pilates trainer - part of Richard's close team! So now all of a sudden I have a routing interest. Of course wishing them the best!!

Without paying attention to the schedule, finally wandering home from a busy work week, 7pm on a summer Friday night, I walk in just in time to catch the Opening ceremonies on TV. (John is already quite entrenched. He loves the Olympics. He loves almost all sports!)

What an amazing spectacle!!! Gorgeous. Awe-inspiring. Beyond my words.

No comments: