Monday, August 18, 2008

Go see Humboldt County Sept 26! Highly recommended.

Stumbled across this promotional trailer first on Matt Dentler's blog before finding it again on Humboldt County's blog.

Humboldt County was one of my favorite films at SXSW 2008. Something about its created world was totally sure. I still don't know how to articulate why even though I wrote the SXSW catalogue copy. I didn't feel I did it justice. It was just about a place filled with people I came to really care about, where I immersed fully for a couple of hours. And longer. It's stayed with me in a surprising fashion.

While amusing on its own terms, this trailer is goofier than the film itself -- and doesn't really give you an accurate taste. Definitely check the feature out when it comes to your town! September 26: Humboldt. San Francisco, Berkeley, Portland, Seattle and Austin, TX!!



No comments: