Wednesday, July 16, 2008

More on Austin Kleon and mindmapping

This is the kind of thing that attracted me to Austin Kleon in the first place! His mind mapping!!! He's so great at it - and it's a remarkable kind of process/document. I first just saw a drawing from an event via email. Then I sat next to him when David Simon was at John's UT Master Class -- and I marveled even more. I couldn't believe how he could get to the essence in real time sketching those words and pictures. Cool stuff! I'm itching to try ...but I don't have the skill or artistry he does. I haven't read this post close enough to assess whether he thinks it's in the reach of everyone. Or not. It could be an amazing discipline. I really like the idea of it as a sharpening tool. Another add to my to-do list.


No comments: