Tuesday, January 09, 2007

working on the mind as the salsa continues

Two and a half hours later, still feeling joyful from tonight's salsa class. Monday nights are the most challenging, and the most fun. Challenging because of the teacher. Fun because all the advanced students participate because of the teacher. I cannot stress just how much damned fun it is to dance with a guy that can dance. You don't have to think, don't have to try, you just move. It's like flying.

Mulling, daydreaming, I realize the key is not to be embarrassed. It's a waste of time to think, "I'm fat, I'm not good enough. I can't do this." Doesn't serve anyone. The key is to relish it, to commit. And you can't commit if you're holding back, if you're insecure. You have to feel fabulous. At least I think that's right :) I think that's what I'll try. I know it's right.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

where do you dance - my wife and I are looking for a great salsa dance class!

grainyms said...

I'm sorry - I know it's odd with all I'm writing to suddenly be shy - but I really don't feel like sharing the name of my studio publicly. If you post again with your email, I'll respond privately. Otherwise - check out: http://cityguides.salsaweb.com/texas/austin/